Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Passing the Torch to Wordpress

This is my 295th post - give or take - on this silly little blog I started back in high school. And I want to let you know why I'm making a note of it.

My 300th post will be a return to Star Trek movie reviews. It will cover Generations - the first film to feature The Next Generation cast and crew, as well as the last film to feature William Shatner as Captain Jim Kirk. The film's intent is to serve as a formal "passing of the torch" from the TOS era to the TNG era - which was getting underway with DS9 in its second season and Voyager in production.

I actually find it rather fitting that it will be the subject of my 300th post... because it will be the last review, and the penultimate post, on the Blogspot platform I've used for the past four years.

Over the past several months, I've waffled back and forth on whether or not to move The Review Nebula over to another platform - read, Wordpress. After sampling it over the past few months, I've come to the conclusion that, while Blogspot has served me well, it's time for a fresh coat of paint.

And yes, I am aware that I do make somewhat dramatic changes to the blog once every year or so. Whether it's a name change, a URL change, or design alterations, I've tinkered with this blog to fit my desires. Consider this probably the most dramatic change this blog has ever made.

It's right here - The Review Nebula. Check it out - and it should appear in Google searches rather soon.

Now, the Blogspot version will stay up for at least a year after the final post - partially as an archive, partially to redirect readers over, partially to serve as a bit of nostalgia. And who knows, I might make an update on Blogspot once in a while should something dramatic occur. But the time has, again, come to kiss and say goodbye.

So, what next?

For the most part, the last five posts here will be business as usual. Silly reviews, with redirects to the new version of the blog at the top. Of course, within those next five posts will be the aforementioned Generations. So, there is some sort of method to my madness.

Just a reminder - this is not the end. It's just a second beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment